Charitable Giving, Memberships, and Partnerships
You can make a difference. Contribute to The Fells by becoming a member, volunteer or through a charitable contribution.
THE FELLS ANNUAL FUND - Gifts to The Fells, a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. We rely on the generosity of donors, members, volunteers and friends for the financial support that helps make The Fells available for so many to enjoy and engage. Annual Fund gifts supplement our annual operating budget and other revenue streams that include admissions, self-serve Plant Stand sales, Shop sales, events and grants. They help to sustain day-to-day operations of the gardens and historic buildings, fund our ambitious education program for all ages and also help to serve the many needs of our members and visitors. Unrestricted gifts provide the greatest flexibility for The Fells to use wherever the need is most pressing. Every gift we receive, regardless of size, makes a difference. Donate to the Annual Fund for The Fells today.
A memorial gift to The Fells is the perfect gesture for remembrances of loved ones; and gifts to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or other special occasions are always well received. We can even designate your gift toward a special project–a specially planted area of the Rock Garden or purchase of a needed piece of outdoor furniture are examples of how some chose to honor a loved one. Contact the Gatehouse office for more information on gifts of this kind.
We also accept gifts of securities and can help you with gifts of planned giving. Call 603-763-4789 ext. 4 for more information.
Become a member - Join 1,100-plus member households and help advance the Hay legacy of land stewardship and “knowing your place within the natural world.” Relish in the satisfaction of knowing that your membership helps to preserve an historic estate and its beautiful gardens for generations to come.
Reserve Here for the member opening reception on Friday, May 25th, 2018.
Member Dues -
Individual $40–Unlimited free visits, 10% discount at our Annual Plant Sale, reduced class fees, two free admission passes, an invitation to a special member opening reception and a 1-year subscription to Better Homes and Gardens Magazine or Martha Stewart Living Magazine.
- Household $60–Individual benefits, plus unlimited free visits for 2 adults and children/grandchildren under age 18 in same household/family.
- Sponsor $125–Household benefits, plus two guests free of charge with each visit, and a 1-year subscription to New Hampshire Home Magazine.
- Advocate $250–Sponsor benefits, plus as many guests free of charge with each visit as you like,
- Patron $500–Advocate benefits, an invitation to a special Donor Reception, plus 2 free event tickets.
- Benefactor $1,000–Patron benefits, plus a private house/garden tour and reception for up to 20 guests.
- Sustainer $2,500–Benefactor benefits, plus free admission to most Fells programs and events.
Other Benefits for All Membership Levels
Members may visit nearly 300 botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories throughout the region and in North America, offering special admission privileges and many other benefits through the American Horticultural Reciprocal Admissions Program. Some of the regional sites include The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens; Tower Hill Botanic Garden; Hildene, The Lincoln Family Home; The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University; among many other fine sites. For a complete list see AHS Gardens.
Members also receive reciprocal admission privileges to select regional museums and discounts at the finest local plant nurseries. Click here for a list of participating nurseries and attractions.
And thanks to White Flower Farm for offering all Fells members an annual 20 percent discount off a single order. Simply return the coupon included with your membership acknowledgement to White Flower Farm. For information about White Flower Farm see www.whiteflowerfarm.com.
Discover how a Library Membership can serve your community!
Library Members receive single day general admission passes (not valid for special events or programs for which a fee applies) for their patrons use, two for each day of the week. Each pass admits up to 2 adults and accompanying children under age 18 in the same household to The Fells Main House and grounds. Guests may hike our scenic trails and stroll the gardens; go on a historic guided tour of our Main House; see new art and sculpture exhibits; visit the Fairy Village; and enjoy the views of lake and mountain from our Veranda. Annual membership dues is $100. For more information contact Tanya Paul on 603-763-4789 ext. 6 or email email@example.com.
Garden Club Memberships
Garden Club memberships are available for $75 and include the following benefits for members of the respective Garden Club:
- Four circulating admission passes that each admit up to two adults and accompanying children under age 18;
- Ten $5 discount coupons for adult programs;
- 10% discount on group garden tours.
Lodging Members receive Household membership privileges for inn proprietors and reduced fee (50% off) single day passes for their guests. Annual membership fee is $85.00. Establishments who desire reduced price guest passes (50% off) only, without membership privileges, pay an annual fee of $40.00.
All Lodging Members receive a prominent link on The Fells website. Call 603-763-4789 ext. 3 for additional information.
We hope that you will consider doing business with the excellent lodging establishments below who off superb and courteous service.
Burkehaven Lodge at Sunapee, Sunapee
Dexter’s Inn, Trails & Restaurant, Sunapee
Forest Haven, Inc., Bradford
Lake Inn at Mt. Sunapee
Mountain Edge Resort & Spa
Sunapee Lake Lodge, Newbury
Sunapee View Bed and Breakfast, Newbury
Rosewood Country Inn, Bradford
Shaker Hill Bed and Breakfast, Enfield
Twin Doors Bed and Breakfast, Sunapee
Association with The Fells makes good business sense for all kinds of businesses. All Community Partners receive free admission passes to The Fells and other benefits tailored to suit each organization and level of membership. Our historic Main House and beautiful gardens are the ideal location for a retreat or meeting - the perfect place for your associates to unwind and rejuvenate. Studies show that employers support nonprofits that matter to their employees, if you are owner or employee we welcome your inquiry.
The Fells Community Partner program features a single annual request which includes sponsorship and advertising support. It allows businesses to plan for their participation and to enjoy valuable member benefits designed just for them. Basic benefits include prominent sponsorship listings throughout the year and the satisfaction and goodwill of serving the public in association with a remarkable place and well respected organization, providing education and enjoyment for thousands of annual visitors.
Businesses may choose from the five membership categories below.
- Sponsorship listing on Fells publications and event brochures, listing on website and on-site sign, plus 6 one-time family admission passes for use by your staff and/or clients.
- Alpine, plus additional 6 one-time family admission passes for use by your staff and/or clients (total of 12).
- Bunchberry, plus one-time meeting use of the Gatehouse John Hay program room for up to 30.
- 25% discount on use of Main House and grounds for up to 75 guests for retreats, receptions, etc.
- Additional 12 one-time family admission passes (total of 24).
- Bronze, plus upgrade to 50% discount on use of Main House and grounds for up to 75 guests.
- One time free guided tour of Main House and gardens for up to 25 of your staff and/or clients.
- Complimentary Special event tickets.
- Additional 12 one-time family admission passes (total of 36).
Gold–$5,000 and up
- Silver above, plus upgrade to one-time free use of Main House and grounds for up to 75 guests.
- Customized benefits.
- Additional 36 one-time family admission passes (total of 72).
Community Partners also choose special events and exhibits to sponsor based on membership level, and receive additional website links and listings in printed material. For more information about how to become a Community Partner, call 603-763-4789 x 4.
2017 Community Partners
We are grateful to the following businesses for their partnership and support of The Fells. We hope that you will consider doing business with these fine establishments.
Irick Landscape Services, Inc, Wilmot
Peter J. White & Associates, Residential Architecture