The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens is a nationally significant property situated on the shores of Lake Sunapee located in Newbury, NH. The Fells owns and maintains 84 acres, including a late 19th century Colonial Revival summer home, woodland trails and renowned gardens. Programs specializing in history, ecology, and the arts are provided year-round. Special events and exhibits are added to the cultural offerings in the summer and fall.
The Fells is seeking to fill the following position:
Member Services and Events Assistant
The Member Services Assistant supports all operations of the site, including education, volunteer services, member services, fund raising, buildings and maintenance. The position is seasonal part-time and reports to the Outreach Director and Executive Director. The ideal candidate for this position as the Member Services Assistant must be able to work with staff, volunteers and our Fells visitors; must be detail oriented, organized and understand time management as there are many aspects of this position which will require proficiency.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and maintains Fundraiser database--updates new contacts; inputs gifts/pledges; sets up letters; and creates groupings for mailings and analysis.
- Creates coding system for gifts/membership.
- Coordinates with bookkeeper membership/gift accuracy.
- Oversees volunteer mailings of donation requests and new membership packages.
- Organizes and maintains membership and gifts filing system.
- Generates acknowledgement letters for Executive Director Signature and mailings.
- Creates and mails new member packets.
- Develops and coordinates the following group classifications and listings for accurate entry into Annual Report, Newsletters, and other media: AAP Donors, Donations, Grants and Foundations, Matching Gifts and Memberships.
- Coordinate with bookkeeper membership/gift accuracy.
Office Support and Management
- Answers general Fells telephone and responds to general queries.
- Processes Fells general email box.
- Coordinates email database (iContact) and updates email contacts for email blasts and other communication.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Processes checks and credit cards and settles and coordinates with bookkeeper.
- Creates groupings and lists for mail house.
- Maintains inventory of Fells Brochures.
- Manages petty cash fund and processes and balances credit card transactions.
- Receives and processes new Shop products, deliveries and invoices.
- Generates Fundraiser reports for staff and committee chairs.
- Creates event rosters.
- Manages and orders office supplies.
- Provides miscellaneous support to other staff and volunteers.
- Creates/maintains event rosters
- Produces nametags and badges.
- Provides support for classes and events through receipt of registration and processing of payments (cash, check, credit card).
- Assists with setup/cleanup/greeting and other miscellaneous duties.
- Processes Kiosk and Main House visitation logs and produces reports.
- Prepares miscellaneous reports.
- Provides back-up staffing support at the Kiosk.
The position is available immediately.
Please respond to:
Include cover letter and complete resume