Location, Hours, Fees and Tours
The Fells is located on the eastern shore of Lake Sunapee at 456 Route 103A in Newbury, NH.
From Concord and points south and east: Take I-89 north to Exit 9 (Route 103) and go west to Newbury. Then take 103A north 2.2 miles. The Fells is on your left.
From Lebanon, Hanover and points north: Follow I-89 south to Exit 12 (Route 11/New London–do not use Exit 12A), turn right at end of ramp and immediately left onto Route 103A south. Follow 103A for 5.6 miles. The Fells is on your right.
Hours for 2017
Gatehouse Administrative Office
Our Gatehouse office is open from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday April through December, and Monday through Thursday January through March.
Gardens and Trails
Gardens and trails are open daily year round. Members may visit dawn to dusk, nonmembers, 9am-5pm.
The Main House and Shop
- Weekends and Monday holidays, beginning May 27
- Wednesdays through Sundays, June 21 through September 3 and all seven days July 4 week.
- Weekends and Monday holidays, September 4 through October 9 (Columbus Day).
- The Main is closed beginning October 10 and reopens Memorial Day weekend 2018.
Members of The Fells receive free unlimited visits to the house and grounds.
The Cost For Nonmembers
Main House open
adults, $10; seniors and students, $8; children ages 6-17, $4; 5 and under, free; families of 2 adults and 2 or more children ages 6 or above, $25.
Main House closed
adults $8; seniors and students, $6; children, $3; families of 2 adults and 2 or more children ages 6 or above, $15.
December through March is $5 per household, payable at our self-serve Welcome Kiosk.
The Fells is proud to participate in Blue Star Museums 2017, providing free admission for active-duty military personnel and their immediate families from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Guided Garden Tours
Guided garden tours meet on the Veranda at 11am, Wednesday through Sunday, June 21 through mid-August and every day during July 4th week.
Historic House Tours
- Docent-led historic guided tours are offered at 12pm daily during Main House hours (above). To place a tour reservation click HERE.
- Self-guided tours are offered during Main House hours (above).
Group Tours can be arranged by contacting The Fells at 603-763-4789 x 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.