Member Services Specialist
The Member Services Specialist supports all operations of the site, including education, volunteer services, member services, fund raising, buildings and maintenance. The position is year-round part-time and reports to the Outreach Director and Executive Director.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Coordinates and maintains Fundraiser database--updates new contacts; inputs gifts/pledges; sets up letters; and creates groupings for mailings and analysis.
• Creates coding system for gifts/membership.
• Coordinates with bookkeeper membership/gift accuracy.
• Oversees volunteer mailings of donation requests and new membership packages.
• Organizes and maintains membership and gifts filing system.
• Generates acknowledgement letters for Executive Director Signature and mailings.
• Creates and mails new member packets.
• Develops and coordinates the following group classifications and listings for accurate entry into Annual Report, Newsletters, and other media: AAP Donors, Donations, Grants and Foundations, Matching Gifts and Memberships.
• Coordinate with book keeper membership/gift accuracy.
Office Support and Management
• Answers general Fells telephone and responds to general queries.
• Processes Fells general email box.
• Coordinates email database (mailchimp) and updates email contacts for email blasts and other communication.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Processes checks and credit cards and settles and coordinates with bookkeeper.
• Creates groupings and lists for mail house.
• Maintains inventory of Fells Brochures.
• Manages petty cash fund and processes and balances credit card transactions.
• Generates Fundraiser reports for staff and committee chairs.
• Creates event rosters.
• Manages and orders office supplies.
• Update the website and prepare social media updates as necessary.
• Provides miscellaneous support to other staff and volunteers.
• Creates/maintains event rosters
• Produces nametags and badges.
• Provides support for classes and events through receipt of registration and processing of payments (cash, check, credit card).
• Assists with setup/cleanup and other miscellaneous duties.
• Processes Kiosk and Main House visitation logs and produces reports.
• Prepares miscellaneous reports.
• Provides back-up staffing support at the Kiosk.
• Maintains inventory reports.
• Orders, processes, and receives product.
• College or Associates degree preferred with 1 – 3 years of experience in a field closely related to office operations or other comparable experience
• Excellent oral and written communications skills necessary for this public facing opportunity
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft office or comparable suite of products. Database experience is a plus
• Self-starter, ability to work independently and an ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
• Well-developed diplomacy, organizing and coordinating skills with strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of Photoshop and other graphic design products would be a plus
Hours: Part-time position that fluctuates seasonally. The hours can be up to 10 hours per week for the months of December through February and up to 25 hours per week for March through November. Some weekend and evening hours are required during the Season (late May through mid-November).
Compensation: based upon credentials and experience of candidate
Availability: The position is available immediately