Location, Hours, Fees and Tours
The Fells is located on the eastern shore of Lake Sunapee at 456 Route 103A in Newbury, NH.
From Concord and points south and east: Take I-89 north to Exit 9 (Route 103) and go west to Newbury. Then take 103A north 2.2 miles. The Fells is on your left.
From Lebanon, Hanover and points north: Follow I-89 south to Exit 12 (Route 11/New London–do not use Exit 12A), turn right at end of ramp and immediately left onto Route 103A south. Follow 103A for 5.6 miles. The Fells is on your right.
Hours for 2018
The Main House and Shop
- Open Weekends and Monday holidays, beginning the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend.
- Open Wednesdays through Sundays, June 20 through September 2. (Main House closed Mondays and Tuesdays).
- Open Saturday and Sunday and Monday holidays, Labor Day through Columbus Day.
- The Main House closes after Columbus Day 2018 and reopens Memorial Day weekend 2019.
Gardens and Trails
Gardens and trails are open daily year round. Members may visit dawn to dusk, nonmembers, 9am-4pm.
Please, Only Service Dogs Allowed.
Members of The Fells receive free unlimited visits to the house and grounds.
The Cost For Nonmembers
Main House open
adults, $10; seniors and students, $8; children ages 6-17, $4; 5 and under, free; families of 2 adults and 2 or more children ages 6 or above, $25.
Main House closed
adults $8; seniors and students, $6; children, $3; families of 2 adults and 2 or more children ages 6 or above, $15.
December through March is $5 per household, payable at our self-serve Welcome Kiosk.
Active Military and Veterans
We hold the men and women that have and are serving in our armed forces in the highest regard; for your service and sacrifice, we thank and salute you. We are honored to host you and your immediate family as our guests free of charge for site admission.
Guided Garden Tours
Guided garden tours meet on the Veranda at 11am, Wednesday through Sunday, when the Main House is open.
Historic House Tours
- Docent-led historic guided tours are offered at 12pm daily during Main House hours (above). To place a tour reservation click HERE.
- Self-guided tours are offered during Main House hours (above).
Group Tours can be arranged by contacting The Fells at 603-763-4789 x 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gatehouse Administrative Office
Our Gatehouse office is open from 10am to 4pm Monday through Friday, April through December, and Monday through Thursday, January through March.